YogaReach Mindful Movement for Parkinson's Disease
Adaptive Strategies for those serving clients with Parkinson’s disease (PD)
Therapeutic Instructors: Seeing more PD diagnoses in your clients?
Healthcare Providers/Wellness Coaches: Eager to integrate complementary practices for clients with PD?
Yoga Instructors/Therapists, Fitness Coaches, Rock Steady Instructors, or Carepartners: Seeking specialized therapeutic yoga programming at your center?
Our talented YogaReach Instructors specialize in training program attendees to lead their own Mindful Movement classes, tailored for clients with Parkinson's disease. The training also equips participants to seamlessly integrate adaptive therapeutic yoga practices into their work with a diverse range of clients.
YogaReach founder, Char Grossman, has spearheaded the creation of a targeted program designed for the growing community affected by Parkinson's disease. With a rich history spanning two decades, the YogaReach team has dedicated itself to serving clients grappling with neurological and neuromuscular challenges. Over the years, YogaReach has provided guidance to thousands of clients and their care partners navigating life with PD.
Whether you choose to attend our live virtual sessions or opt for in-person classes at your residence, the experience ensures that you not only benefit personally but also acquire the skills to lead your own classes within your communities.
To share these life changing techniques with others serving those living with PD, Char offers the YogaReach Mindful Movement for PD Professional Training Workshop.
Hosting a YogaReach Mindful Movement for Parkinson's
Training will help you gain useful skills for your own practice as well as inspire attendees to reach within and develop
a class for PD in their community?
JIMMY CHOI, American Ninja Warrior, Fox Team Promoter and Motivational Speaker, along with his compassionate wife, Cherryl, presented at our Mindful Movement for Parkinson's Professional Workshop March 2, 2018 in Phoenix, Arizona.
MINDFUL MOVEMENT OBJECTIVES
1.Acquire and understand the definition of Parkinson’s disease and explain how its diverse symptoms affect people differently.
2. Recognize and address both motor and non-motor symptoms of Parkinson's disease, focusing on movement issues and their impact on sensory challenges for comprehensive management.
3. Neuroplasticity in Parkinson's patients improves with combined cognitive and movement exercises, forming new connections to compensate for dopamine loss. Learn how this synergy enhances motor function and well-being, presenting a promising therapeutic approach.
4. Integrate observation, intake, body awareness, and individual needs to create tailored therapeutic strategies, respecting each client's abilities.
5. Master diverse mindfulness and movement practices to enhance daily living skills, encompassing breath work, posture, cognition exercises, balance, movement, and sensory activities.
6. Develop skillful language that will be utilized during instruction, discussions, and practice.
7. Acquire skills in safe class management and grasp safety and prevention techniques for both group and individual instruction.
8. Teach participants to practice mindful stress management techniques.
9. Recognize the care partner's self-care and adaptability to their partner's evolving daily functions.
10. Discover how Mindful Movement's adaptive therapeutic yoga cultivates empowering skills for participants, both on and off the mat.